Tuesday, October 07, 2008

L.I.F.E.H.O.U.S.E.


Ok so the Lifehouse concert was pretty good. They played a 90 minute set of just about every hit they have, and more. And they ended the night with my personal favourites, Storm and Broken. That alone made the whole night worth it. Haha...

The fact that the concert actually happened was actually pretty far out in itself. I was thinking to myself a few days before (I knew about the concert) that I haven't been to a concert in really long and would really like to go for one. Then Mich calls on Sat morning to say,"Lifehouse is playing next week!" So I who am incapable of a groupie outburst/meltdown/pop, just said,"ok yaay I'm going" (whole lotta emotion there I know...)

A groupie outburst from me would just be too weird anyway. (Note to self: something to put on MY Bucket List then...)

So anyway, much thanks to MarcuswholtoldAbiandMichwhotoldme. And much thanks to MichMarcusAbiandmanyfriendswhosenamesIcan'trememberorspell for being there that night as well. It was a great concert! Haha... =) 

**Abi took 680 photos that night**

Ok of course there was the notsogoods, which were no one's fault in general:

1. St James' Powerstation sucks as a concert venue. Firstly, its name sucks. Secondly the layout of the floor which they use as the concert floor was terrible. There was completely ZERO space to move and the angles especially for those who came late were almost impossible. By the way, if you're not very tall and are going for a concert at St James', you either go super early, or bring a ladder, or just don't go at all.
 
2. Jack & Rai opening for Lifehouse was alright... Just that they did their own original songs for their 30 minute set, most of which had pretty good (read: familiar sounding, obvious inspired) intros but a tad bit weird in terms of vocal melody. And Jack has this face when he's playing, it looks as if his guitar is telling him dirty jokes as he plays... it's quite... errm... funny

3. And for the main spoiler of the night... I ran the risk of leaving the concert with either: a) a permanently deformed spine or b) a permanent depression caused by a metal pole pressed against the side of my butt. 

The reason for this was because glenn the man had the great fortune of standing in between the aforementioned metal pole and a couple. For starters, this couple was in no way slim. I have nothing against non-slim people, because I am unslim myself, but in this case... when you're packed like sardines in a terrible club named after your church... 

To make things worse, err BOTH members of this generously proportioned coupling were women. And they decided to get cosy with each other early on in the concert (oh help...). So whenever one would turn to face the other or to hug, I would get substantial BUTT swinging in my direction causing me to back into my date for the night, the short metal pole. To try and prevent myself from getting hit further, I tried to stand in a position to avoid both the pole and the couple, which left me standing in a sort of "S" shape. Ouch. 

AND WHEN LIFEHOUSE STARTED PLAYING THEIR SLOWER NUMBERS, THOSE TWO STARTED TO FACE EACH OTHER AND SUCK FACE, AND NECK... AND EAR... AND I....
J.U.S.T.D.I.E.D. 

I had to turn AWAY from them entirely and just keep focus on the stage. Basically I just further contorted my body. Whoopee. Those 2 should be thankful they weren't drenched in my puke by the night's end. 

***The Weird***

1. Fat Indian girl (friend of couple i just ranted about) kept shouting "Marry Me Jason!" to lead singer Jason Wade the whole night. Girl, the dude's married... 

2. This guy somewhere to my right kept HEADBANGING and lifting his hand with the "rock on!" sign the whole night. He was CLAPPING during the intro of Broken. I wanted to break him. 

3. Some loopymama in the crowd kept shouting for the band to play "Butterfly" the whole night. Eh idiot... that's a Jason Mraz song!







2 comments:

extravaganza said...

hahahah this post totally cracked me up. photos are on my facebook.

Andrea said...

I just stumbled upon this by mistake..but it was entertaining to read! lol butterfly actually is a lifehouse, but it was recorded when they were still known as bylss/bliss. :D